Friday, August 21, 2009

Why not start a blog?

I spend many days of my life hunting for treasures of all types. I enjoy telling tales of my treasures to my family and friends and over the years they have told me that I should write a book. In my mind I thought no one would ever pick up a book about a persons individual treasures. So consequently I never put anything on paper. After seeing the movie Julie and Julia, I figured a blog would be a great way to document my treasures.

Eleven odd years have gone by since I started price fishing. I was forced to volunteer at a local Salvation Army due to some immature choices I made. It was there amongst the piles of clothes and random donations that I realized I had found a cheap and exciting way to shop. I can honestly say that I have rarely payed full price for any material item I own. I can almost tell you the price I paid for every item in my house, even the clothes on my back. Most people would be in disbelief, because they of course have not caught on to this fever.

My goal is to just document the treasures I do find and hopefully tell an intriguing story along the way. My family is very much a part of my price fishing, it is quite possible that I may bring them into the fold from time to time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment